Fraxis Duo co2 Laser
Radio Frequency treatment is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure to help smooth, tighten and rejuvenate the skin. It can help the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It can also be used to improve appearance of acne scars and open pores.
How does Radio Frequency work?
Radio frequency is not a laser. Radio Frequency produces electrical energy instead of a light source.
Radio Frequency energy is delivered by minimally invasive micro-needles precisely into the deeper layer of the skin (dermis), creating heat. This promotes collagen to contact and stimulates the production of new collagen, the building blocks of healthy, youthful skin. Collagen and elastin provide strength, elasticity and fullness to the surface of the skin. Radio Frequency treatments initiate a process of continuous improvement over several months.
What are alternative treatments?
Alternative treatments to Radio Frequency may include muscle relaxing injections (Botox), dermal fillers or surgery.
The combination of Radio Frequency and dermal fillers and a good skin care regime are complimentary treatments and can enhance overall improvement.
Advantages to radio Frequency treatments
• Energy is delivered precisely to the deeper layers of skin, making the treatment very safe for most skin types and reduced the risk of pigmentation or scarring.
• Non-surgical skin tightening option.
• Performed with no incisions, minimal discomfort and little to no down time.
What will radio Frequency treatments feel like?
• Application of local anaesthetic cream prior to treatment will make the treatment feel more comfortable.
• During the procedure you will feel a deep heating sensation every time the Radio Frequency energy is delivered to the skin.
• During the treatment you will have a cooling device which you will hold to help with any discomfort.
How long does the treatment take?
Depending on the size of the area being treated, treatments may take 30mins to 1 hour.
How many treatments are required?
Because the natural process of creating new collagen builds over time, results become more evident over the course of two to three months.
Multiple treatments are required for maximum benefit.
Generally 3-6 treatments are advised 4 weeks apart, depending on problem being treated.
You may see improvement and contouring for up to six months as new collagen is formed. Usually maintenance treatments are required every 6-12 months to maintain improvement.
How much does the treatment cost?
This will depend on the size of the area being treated as well as the condition being treated. You will be provided with an estimate of the treatment cost at the time of your consultation. There is some Medicare rebate for the treatment of patients with port wine stains and birthmarks, and for some patients with redness or broken capillaries on the head and neck. Generally private health funds do not cover treatment.