Scars in the skin can develop for a number of reasons,
- accidental injury
- after skin inflammation such as acne
Scar formation after a wound is a normal process whereby the body tries to repair damage.
Sometimes this process develops in an abnormal way leading to thickened hard and irritable red scars (keloid) or depressed and indented scars.
Generally the aim of treatment is to improve the look of a scar to make it less noticeable. Treatments can be performed on new and old scars.
We offer a number of treatment options depending on the type of scarring
- Silicon based creams and sheets
- Intralesional corticosteroid injections
- Subcision to raise depressed scars
- Punch excision
- TCA CROSS technique for ice pick acne scars
- Dermal fillers
- V beam laser for milder acne and red scars
- Scar revision surgery